I am so excited to share these awesome Flautas! They are meatless and delicious. After a summer filled with BBQ’s, camping and grilling, it’s nice to have a quick go to veggie meal that makes everyone ask for more! They will fill those bellies and satisfy your soul. Now I can’t take all the credit for these BOMBTASTIK Flautas. This recipe was adapted from the sweet potato and black bean Flautas from Peasandcrayons.com.
So head to your closest Farmers Market (Or the Produce section in your grocery store) and make something for dinner that the whole family will eat up! YUM Enjoy!!!!
Now let’s get Cooking’
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Sweet Potato
- I 15.25 Oz can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 11 OZ can Mexi-corn
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- ¼ cup dice onion
- ½ tsp. dried Basil
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425⁰. Place a cooling rack on your baking sheet and set to the side
- Using a fork, poke a few holes around the sweet potato and wrap in a damp paper towel. Microwave for 6-8 minutes
- While the potato is cooking put the black beans in a bowl. Add the basil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and salsa. Mix to combine ( I also threw in some salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar to taste)
- Add the Mexi-corn and onion to the black beans and give it a stir.
- Once the potato is cooked, fluff with a fork and add the potato meat to the black beans and Mexican mix. Mix all those yummy things and give it a taste. Then set to the side
- Take the cream cheese and the shredded cheddar and combine it with a fork. Set to the side
- Taking 3-4 corn tortillas wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds. Once warm immediately rub one side with oil or spray with cooking spray. Place a nice inch thick line of the veggie/bean mixture in the middle and top with the cheese mixture. Roll them up and place them on the prepared baking sheet (Again be sure to pop a cooling rack on the baking sheet and place the rolled Flautas on top to bake nice and evenly) use a toothpick if they aren’t staying together.
- Repeat step 7 for the rest of the tortillas. Spray the tops of all the rolled up Flautas with a little cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Then under the broiler for another 3-5 minutes until they are nice and golden and melty! YUMMM
- Serve with great Mexican rice and pile it high with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, avocados. Anything that makes your tummy say “FIESTA”!
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately and they stay good in the fridge for 3-5 days (if they even make it through the night!!)
Enjoy! Thanks For Reading and make sure to Share!